Image and Marketing Guidelines
You may not sell or save merchandise using the following types of content, unless you own the content and/or have a license or authorization to use. For more information regarding the use of content through the CafePress service, please review the Content Usage Policy.
- NO CREATION OF UNOFFICIAL MERCHANDISE E.g., using names or images of musicians, bands, sports teams, athletes etc. without permission, even for fan club purposes. Learn more
- NO CONTENT DOWNLOADED FROM INTERNET WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION Learn more
- NO TRADEMARK USE OF NAMES/LOGOS OF COMPANIES OR ORGANIZATIONS e.g., Apple, Coca-Cola, Red Cross Learn more
- NO USE OF TRADEMARKED TAGLINES e.g., Just Do It, Got Milk?, Pork the Other White Meat Learn more
- NO USE OF IMAGES OR LIKENESS OF CELEBRITIES e.g., photos of Justin Bieber, Michael Jackson, Lindsay Lohan Learn more
- NO USE OF MANIPULATED CONTENT e.g., unless parody or political expression, using a company's logo as a basis of your design or creating composite logos Learn more
- NO USE OF PHOTOS OR IMAGES OF COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL e.g., song lyrics, Mickey Mouse, Barbie, Kermit the Frog Learn more
- NO USE OF SEXUALLY EXPLICIT CONTENT Learn more
- NO EXPLOITING IMAGES OF MINORS OR THE LIKENESS OF MINORS Learn more
- NO COPYING OTHER CAFEPRESS CONTENT OWNERS’ IMAGES Learn more
- NO UNAUTHORIZED COPYING OF PREVIOUSLY PUBLISHED MATERIAL e.g., books, album covers Learn more
- NO MARKETING WITH FALSE OR MISLEADING CONTENT e.g., you may not use third party trademarks to market your content or use tag spam to increase your CafePress search results rankings Learn more
may be right for you. Open a Shop »
Make Money with Design & List!
If you've ever had an awesome idea for a t-shirt design, bumper sticker, button or (basically) anything else, you're in the right place. Now you can get your idea onto products for sale on CafePress!
- Set up your design on products in as little as 5 minutes
- Put your design on T-shirts, mugs, and hundreds of other CafePress products
- Never worry about maintaining a shop -- there isn't one
- CafePress markets, sells and ships your products - you earn a royalty for each product sold
What is Design & List?
Design & List allows anyone to quickly get a design on products for sale in the CafePress Marketplace. Once you have a design ready, it's as easy as 1-2-3 to get your design listed for sale. You upload the image; we apply it on hundreds of CafePress products. There's no shop involved, no shop management. We market your products and when your product sells, you earn a royalty!
What are the image requirements for my design?
The minimum image dimension is 600 x 600 pixels. However, we recommend using images at approximately 2000 x 2000 pixels (10" x 10" at 200 DPI). The accepted file formats are JPG and PNG.
What products will my design be on?
Your design will be offered on hundreds of CafePress products such as select apparel items, drinkware, stuffed toys, buttons, magnets, stickers, bags, laptop skins and covers, key chains, tile items, mousepads, ornaments, and pillows.
What if I don't want my design to be on a specific product?
At this time, there is no option to exclude a specific product. Your design will be included in the standard assortment of products listed above.
I read the Content Usage Policy (CUP) but I'm not sure if my design complies. How will I know?
It's important that your design complies with our Content Usage Policy. If your design does not comply, your design will be set to "pending status", which means that your design cannot be used on any products or and will not be available for sale. You will receive an email notifying you and will see a red box around the infringing design in your account under "Manage Designs". If you have any questions or concerns about CUP or the status of your images, please contact our Content Usage Team at 650-655-3104 or email email@example.com.
How can I find my products in the CafePress Marketplace?
If your design is approved, the "view" link in your member account will direct you to your products in the CafePress Marketplace. You can also search for your products using the search terms you entered when uploading your design.
Can I also get a CafePress Shop with the Design & List program?
The CafePress Shop service is a separate program. The Design & List program was built to make it easy to get your design listed for sale in the CafePress Marketplace without the additional work of building a shop and adding products. If you are interested in opening a CafePress Shop, you can learn more here.
How much will I earn when a product is sold?
You earn a 8% royalty of the retail price.
How will I know when I've sold something?
You will receive a sales notification email each time your product is sold. You can also run a Sales Report in your member account to see if you've made any sales in a given time period.
When will you pay me?
All accrued royalties are paid within 60 days of the month they were accrued. As we offer customers a full 30-day money back guarantee, there is a 60 day "lag time" for royalty payments to account for returns and exchanges. Example: If you have $25 of accrued royalties in March, your royalty check will be sent out to you by the 15th of May. Note: In order to receive royalties, you must fully and accurately fill out the Payee Information in your account.
How will you pay me?
In order to receive a royalty payment, you must fully and accurately fill out the Payee Information in your account and have a minimum of $25 in accrued royalties. You will receive your royalty payment via mailed check or PayPal payments. Earned royalties can also be applied towards any CafePress purchase.
Is there anything I can do to help increase sales for the products I design?
Yes! You can start by being descriptive when you fill out the Title, Description, and Tags for your design. How well you describe your design will make it easier for customers to find your products.
Be sure to share your products with your friends and family through email or use the share links found on your design to post on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and more. The more you share the more you'll sell!